Valentine's Day Handbook
Valentine's Day is always February 14th. If it falls on the weekend, you've got a perfect opportunity for a luxurious breakfast or brunch. More of a night bird? Cozy up with a special candlelit dinner. Sweets for your sweetheart? Chocolates or candies? We've got you covered any time of day or night.
Valentine's Day Menus
Setting the Mood with Food
by Kate Heyhoe
What recipe better symbolizes relationships than Sweet 'n' Sour Sauce? Even the most compatible couples have moments of friction, tension or chilliness. Reflect love's delicate balance with Sweet 'n' Sour Sauce and Heart-Shaped Wontons. Or lasso your love with chef Mark Miller's "Wild, Wild West Breakfast" of Cowboy Biscuits, Chorizo Sausage, and Cowboy Coffee Crème Brûlée. For lean cuisine, redolent with romance, seduce with Malibu Mary cocktails, artichokes, Cornish Hens, vegetable pasta, and raspberry-chocolate dessert...more @ Valentine's Day Menus.
Chocolate Valentine's Gifts to Make
Make the moment last with chocolate biscotti, meringue kisses, tea cakes, brownies and no-fuss fudge...more @ Chocolate Gifts.
Speaking as a former chef, waiter, and restaurant manager, I can assure you that the usual routine—dinner, flowers, and chocolates—benefits business more than it does Cupid. When you're talking romance—the urgent, heaving stuff of cheap novels—you've got to think past dinner. You've got to envision the whole drama. And that includes breakfast: Buckwheat Waffles and Champagne Cocktails...more @ Cupid's Breakfast.
At one time or other, in one culture or another, almost all types of food have been considered aphrodisiacs...more @ Foods of Love.
Champagne to Caviar Recipes
- Caviar and Champagne Parfaits (Emeril's)
- Caviar and Chive Nachos (Kate Heyhoe's)
- Caviar Dip
- Champagne Granita
- Cocktail Blini
- Corn Pancakes with Caviar
- Roasted Potato Skins with Sour Cream and Caviar
- Spaghettini with Caviar and Champagne Sauce
Chocolates and Desserts
- Black Satin Truffles
- Chocolate Heart Tortes for Two
- Chocolate Hearts
- Chocolate Sinkholes
- Chocolate Soup with Caramel-Cinnamon Toasts
- Double Chocolate Valentine
- Easiest Fudge in the World
- Fudge Fondue
- Konditor and Cook Chocolate Cookie Cake
- Matcha White Chocolate Truffles
- Mini Chocolate Velvet Bundt Cakes
- Peppermint Brownies
- Pink Coconut Custard Hearts with Rose Petals
- Sensational Toffee
- Sweethearts' Chocolate Cake
- Ten-Minute Mocha Pots de Creme
- Valentine's Day Marshmallows
- Valentine's Cream Cheese Mints
More Chocolate Books & Recipes
- Death by Chocolate Cookies, by Marcel Desaulniers
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Love Bars
- Chocolate Dalmations
- Chocolate Drop Shortcakes
- White Chocolate Peppermint Patties
- Chocolates on the Pillow, by Gail Greco
- Chocolate: A Sweet Indulgence, by Karl Petzke and Sara Slavin
Holiday and Party Recipes (by holiday and date)
Copyright © 1994-2009, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
This page modified January 2009