Smoked Chicken, Roasted Peppers
and Asiago Nachos
by Kate Heyhoe
Makes 1 (12-by-18-inch) tray or equivalent.
- 4 to 5 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 10 ounces shredded Asiago (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup packed, diced, smoked chicken meat
(about 1 half-breast or 6 ounces)
- 1 cup diced or slivered roasted red and
yellow sweet peppers (about 7 ounces)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 475 degrees, or preheat broiler with rack positioned about 7 inches from the top of the oven or heat source.
Assemble the nachos: Arrange chips on a 12-by-18-inch baking sheet or ovenproof platter. Sprinkle on half the cheese, then top with the chicken, the remaining cheese and the peppers. Grind fresh pepper on top.
Bake nachos 5 to 7 minutes, or broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
50 Toppings, Salsas, and Spreads
for Irresistible Snacks and Light Meals
- Chile-Rubbed Sirloin Nachos
- Caviar and Chive Nachos
- Traditional Tex-Mex Nachos
- BBQ Chicken Nachos
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Hawaiian Pineapple and Canadian Bacon Nachos
- Chinese Firecracker Nachos
- Smoked Chicken, Roasted Peppers and Asiago Nachos
Copyright © 2004, Kate Heyhoe. All rights reserved.
This page created January 2004