Easter and Passover
by Kate Heyhoe
Easter is April 16, 2017; and Passover is April 10 to April 18, 2017 (in USA).
Easter is Sunday, April 1, 2018; and Passover is March 30 to April 7, 2018 (in USA).
Spring brings rebirth to people the world over-and with it comes family gatherings feasts, homemade breads, sweets, and festive Easter and Passover specialties like the ones below. Take your pick from the links: You can roast a lamb or a ham, bake a bunny cake, decorate real eggs with natural dyes, or explore the customs surrounding Passover and the ceremonial Seder.
Happy Easter and Passover from the Global Gourmet!
Easter Recipe Collections and Blogs
- Easter and Passover Menus: From Nice to Greece
- Essential Easter and Passover Buffets
- Easter Egg & Pasta Salad
- Greek Easter Menu
- Memories of a Polish Easter (with recipes)
- Dyeing or Coloring Eggs Naturally
- All About Easter and Eggs
Easter Breads, Baking and Sweets
- Alpine Easter Bread
- Hungarian Nut Rolls
- Italian Anise Easter Bread
- Carrot Cake
- Giant Krispy Egg
- Easter Cookies
- Easter and Spring Cookies
- Chocolate Coconut Cake
(more Easter Treats further below...)
Passover Cookbooks and Recipes
Main Passover Recipes page.
- All About Passover
- Let My People Eat! Passover Seders Made Simple
- Passover Facts
- Fast & Festive Meals for the Jewish Holidays
- Amazing Passover Desserts
- Passover Fava Bean Soup
Ham, Lamb and Spring Holiday Recipes
Ham: An Obsession with the Hindquarter by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough, includes recipes and articles like Shirred Eggs in Prosciutto Crudo Cups; Jerk-Style Country Ham and Pineapple Tamales; Europe On A Plate (European Dry-Cured Hams); and A European Ham Party.
- About Ham from Joy of Cooking
- Baked Ham from Joy of Cooking
- My Ham Glazes Over
- Carving a Ham
- Crumb-Crusted Honey Mustard Ham
- Honey Roast Ham
- Monte's Ham
- Roast Fresh Ham with Red Cabbages and Apples
- Spring Lamb and Ham
- Boneless Lamb with Mushroom Crust and Leek Purée
- Lamb in New Clothes
- Asparagus a Dozen Ways
- Cocktail Blini
- Salmon and Spinach Terrine
- Rice Salad with Cucumber and Dill
Pork and Sons by Stéphane Reynaud is an authority on all things pig, with recipes like Bayonne Ham with Toasted Nuts and Piquillo Peppers, Barbecued Suckling Pig, and Wild Boar Chops with Tart Red Fruits.
Holiday and Party Recipes (by holiday and date)
Copyright © 2007, 2017 Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
This page modified September 2016