Makes 6 to 8 servings
Surround this impressive dip with crudités, breadsticks, and the leftover bread cubes.
1 large (1-1/2 pounds) unsliced round sourdough or black bread
4 containers (4 ounces each) herb or garlic cream cheese spread
1 cup mayonnaise
3 cans (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
4 green onions, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut a slice off the top of the bread, about 2 inches down. Reserve the lid. Remove the insides of the bread, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cut the insides into cubes, and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese spread and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the clams and onions.
4. Spoon the mixture into the bread shell and cover with reserved lid. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
5. Bake about 1-1/2 hours, until the filling is very hot and bread is crusty.
If you prefer; you can substitute canned lump crabmeat for the clams.
A Little Something
By Susan Epstein
William Morrow & Company, Inc.
Soft cover $ 15.00
Information provided by the publisher.
This page created November 1998
Copyright © 1994-2017,