by Roy Finamore
Tasty by Roy Finamore is an intimate all-purpose cookbook by an opinionated cook. His answer to people who say they're too busy to make dinner? Baloney.
The editor of the best-selling culinary icons Martha Stewart and Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa), as well as such noted food authorities as Diana Kennedy and Anne Willan, Roy Finamore knows food. He began cooking as a young boy, learning from his Italian grandmother. He's helped many chefs streamline their recipes for the home cook and earned a reputation as a stylish simplifier.
In Tasty, Roy shares the things he's learned in more than a decade spent at the top of the food world. The 250 unpretentious recipes show the influence of French and Italian traditions and are accompanied by tips and techniques that reflect his abundant experience in the kitchen. It is filled with familiar dishes that have an exciting fresh take. He encourages cooks to trust themselves and the kitchen and to be sure to use all of their senses when cooking.
Roy writes in his introduction that good simple food is meant to be shared and enjoyed. That's easy to do with recipes like:
• Buttermilk Pancakes with Hazelnut Butter—Unbelievably light and fluffy: breakfast with minimum effort.
• Chicken Milanese—Crunchy breaded chicken under a mountain of tart salad.
• Chinois Noodles—Asian inspired and equally good warm or cold.
• Skillet-roasted Char—No-fuss method results in silky-smooth fish with buttery, crunchy skin.
• Smothered Steaks—A lip-smacking good recipe made with an inexpensive cut of meat.
• Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake—The ultimate Yankee Doodle: whip cream, add eggs and a few dry ingredients, and you've got cake!
Tasty proves that a meal doesn't need to be fussy to be memorable. Dive into this book and discover a wealth of good cooking. Tasty, indeed, but much, much more.
About the Author
Roy Finamore has been an editor of cookbooks and lifestyle books for more than twenty years. Among the authors he has published to acclaim are Martha Stewart, Ina Garten, Tom Colicchio, Diana Kennedy, Anne Willan, Gale Gand, and Lee Bailey. A freelance editor, he is also a cookbook collaborator and a food and prop stylist. Roy is the coauthor of One Potato, Two Potato. He lives in New York City.
Get Great Food on the Table Every Day
by Roy Finamore
Houghton Mifflin Company
480 pages; Hardcover; $30.00
Information provided by the publisher.
This page created August 2006
Copyright © 1994-2017,