This Grilled Shiitake Mushrooms with Soy-Sesame Glaze recipe is from the Culinary Institute of America's The Professional Chef cookbook.
Makes 10 servings
1. Combine all the ingredients for the glaze. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. If desired, slice any large mushroom caps in half.
2. Add the mushrooms and green onions to the glaze and marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour,
3. Remove the mushrooms and green onions from the glaze, letting the excess drain away
4. Grill the mushrooms and green onions on a preheated grill until they are marked on all sides and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
5. Scatter with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Once grilled, the mushrooms can be returned to the marinade, allowed to cool to room temperature, and added to salads or other dishes as a garnish.
The Professional Chef
From the Culinary Institute of America
$70.00; 1213 pages
650 color photographs
Recipe reprinted by permission.
This page created December 2006
Copyright © 1994-2018,