Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes (Ready in 6 hours 30 minutes)
1-1/2 cups graham cracker
crumbs (24 squares)
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
Three 8 ounce packages
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 to 3 drops red food color
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom of ungreased 10 inch spring-form pan.
2. In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; beat until light and fluffy Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; blend well. Place 1 cup mixture in small bowl; stir in peppermint extract and food color.
3. Pour remaining cream cheese mixture into crust-lined pan. Drop spoonfuls of peppermint mixture over cream cheese mixture. Pull knife randomly through batter in wide curves; turn pan and repeat for swirl effect.
4. Bake at 350 degree F. for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is set. (To minimize cracking, place shallow pan half full of hot water on lower oven rack during baking.) Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Just before serving, carefully remove sides of pan. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition per Serving: Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe. Calories 320; Calories from Fat 220; Total Fat 24g; Saturated Fat 13g; Cholesterol 110mg; Sodium 230mg; Dietary Fiber 0g.
Dietary Exchange: 1-1/2 Starch, 4-1/2 Fat OR 1-1/2 Carbohydrate, 4-1/2 Fat.
Pillsbury: Best Desserts
By The Pillsbury Company
Clarkson Potter/Publishers 1999
Hardback, Price: $24.95
Recipe Reprinted by permission.
Page created February 1999 and modified August 2007
Copyright © 1994-2018,