Southwestern Raw Corn
and Black Bean Salad
Yield: 4 portions
Supersweet corn is so flavorsome and crunchy that its perfect served uncooked in salads like the one below.
4 ears fresh supersweet corn,
removed from cob (about 3 cups kernels)
1 can (19 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large tomato, chopped (about 1-1/4 cup)
3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (scallion)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
In a large bowl combine corn kernels, beans, tomato, green onion and cilantro. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt and sugar until blended. Pour dressing over corn mixture; toss to coat.
Information provided by the Southern Supersweet Corn Council.
- Caribbean Corn and Vegetable Bake
- Creamy Fresh Corn Chowder
- Fresh Corn and Seafood Skillet Clambake
- Fresh Corn on the Cobb Salad
- Fresh Corn on the Cobb with Chili Butter
- Roast Corn
- Southwestern Raw Corn and Black Bean Salad
This page created June 1999