- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 1 each egg yolk—beaten in salt and pepper—to taste
- 2 tbs parsley—chopped
- 1 tbs chives—snipped
- 2 tsp chervil—dry chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon—dry chopped
- 1 tbl egg whites hardboiled—chopped fine
- 2 tbl cornichon—finely diced
- 1 tbl capers
- 3 each shallots—finely chopped
Mix all ingredients in a bowl at room temperature, and whisk in the egg yolk to bind it. Season to taste. Keeps well refrigerated, whisk before using.
Yield: 1 quart
Many variations are possible.
Steve's Olive Oil Recipes
- Aioli Sauce
- Tapenade Sauce*
- Sauce Vinaigrette
- Warm Dill Mayonnaise
- Cold Poached Salmon with Warm Dill Mayonnaise or Aioli Sauce
* These recipes are courtesy of the International Olive Oil Council.
© 1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
This page modified February 2007