Spinach Artichoke Dip
Once you've mixed up this dip in the food processor, cook it until hot throughout in a slow cooker. Serve topped with melted cheese and ringed with your favorite salsa.
Makes 10 Servings
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (use half milk, if desired)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (13 3/4-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and well drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Crackers or tortilla chips, for serving
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the cream cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder until smooth and creamy. Add the spinach and process until thoroughly mixed. Add the artichokes and process just until coarsely chopped.
- Turn the mixture into a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker; smooth the top.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until hot in the center. Sprinkle the top evenly with the Jack cheese and spoon the salsa in a ring around the inside edges of the slow cooker. Cover and continue heating on high 15 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted. Reduce the heat to the low setting and serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers.
THE BEST SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK EVER
by Natalie Haughton
October 25, 1995
$17.95/concealed Wire-O binding
Reprinted by permission of the publisher.
Recipes From The Best of Clay Pot Cooking
Recipes From The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever
Recipes From 365 Great Soups & Stews
- Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
- Creamy Mussel Soup with Saffron and White Wine
- Toasted Rice Soup with Spinach and Parmesan
Recipes From A Good Day For Soup
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007