Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time: 0:30
- 8 oz Tuna in oil—or Smoked or Grilled
- 1/2 head lettuce red leaf
- 8 oz green beans—cut 1 inch long
- 8 oz new potatoes
- 2 each eggs large—hard boiled
- 16 each olives black
- 8 each anchovy fillets
- 1 each tomato beefsteak—cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup Sauce Vinaigrette
- Steam green beans about 1-1/2 min. Chill. They should be crisp. Marinate with vinaigrette.
- Boil new potatoes in jackets. When done, slice and marinate with vinaigrette.
- Hardboil, chill and quarter the eggs.
- Flake and marinate the tuna in Vinaigrette
- You can lay this out as a single dish or as individual salads.
On a bed of washed and spun dry lettuce leaves, arrange piles of flaked tuna, green bean salad and potato salad. Garnish with black olives, tomato and egg wedges. Decorate with anchovy strips. Sprinkle remaining Sauce Vinaigrette over.
nb: Please refer to my vinaigrette sauce recipe. It has the ingredients needed to make this taste right. Any old "French Dressing" won't be as good.
If sweet Vidalia onions are in season, a slice or two per salad is a welcome addition.
Notes: If you can find the tiny black Nicoise olives, use a bunch of them, otherwise just use a few. A good crusty bread should be served with this salad.
Steve's #17 Recipes:
- Grilled Tuna Steak with Three Mustards
- Salade Nicoise
- Vinaigrette Sauce*
- Coconut Hoki
- Tempura Batter*
- Sand Dabs Grenobloise
- Beefsteak Tomato and Onion Salad
- Smoked Red Snapper
*Repeated here for your convenience
©1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007