Herb Baked Tomatoes
Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time :0:15
- 2 each tomatoes ,medium sized, ripe—cut in half
- 1 cup Light Gratin—use optionals
- 1 tbl chives—chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic—chopped fine
- 1 tbl oil olive
- Cut tomatoes in half, preferably dogtoothed. You might choose to use 4 small tomatoes, if you like, and just cut off the tops.
- Add additional ingredients to the light gratin, except for the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the light gratin over the tops of the cut tomatoes. Do not pack. Sprinkle the tops with olive oil.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 425 F, until the tomatoes are soft, but firm enough to handle, about 10 minutes. The gratin should have set and browned, if not give it a second or two to color under the broiler.
NOTES: Use any combination of herbs you like. Fresh basil is wonderful in season. Avoid oregano unless serving with fish. Be carefull not to over cook or the tomatoes will be impossible to handle.
Steve's #12 Recipes:
- Baked Fish Gratinee
- Broccoli Polonaise
- Herb Baked Tomatoes
- Light Gratin
- Macaroni au Gratin
- Poached Eggs Florentine
- Sauce Bechamel
- Sauce Mornay
©1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007