Grandma's Baking Seasoning
Serving Size: 01
Preparation Time :0:00
- 2 cups vanilla extract—Virginia Dare
- 1 cup rum, dark—Meyers or Babancourt
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 tbs almond extract
- 1 tbs nutmeg—fresh grated
- 2 tsp cardmom, ground
- 1 each orange navel
- 1 each lemon, large
- Grate the rinds of the lemon and orange and juice them.
- Add the grated rinds, juice and all other ingredients into a closed bottle
This can be used right away, but gets better with time.
If 1 tbs of vanilla is called for in a recipe, use 2 tbs of this mix.
- NevStein 95-09-09 AOL The eGG message board, Ask The Prof, Question
- Lamalle Kitchenware, 36 West 25 St, NY, NY 10010, Customer Service 212 242 0750. Don't be suprised if Jean herself answers the phone, as she enjoys giving her expert advice to customers
- The Well Tooled Kitchen, Fred Bridge and Jean F. Tibbetts, Hearst Books, New York 1991
Steve's #11 Recipes:
- Grandma's Pound Cake
I did promise fruitcake, so here it is: If you want fruitcakes for next Thanksgiving and Christmas, now is the time to bake them, when the oven will perfume the entire house.
- Old Fashioned Fruitcake
- To Sharpen a knife
©1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007