By Nancy Caivano
Fennel with Tomatoes and Raisins
6 fennel bulbs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
6 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup raisins
Cut and remove all greens from fennel bulbs. Cut each bulb lengthwise into quarters. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the fennel, tomatoes, raisins and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat until the fennel is tender, about 20 minutes.
Uncover and allow the excess cooking liquid to evaporate. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Pasta Risotto and You
- Eggplant, Mixed Roasted Pepper and Mozzarella Terrine
- Seared Potato and Carrot Gnocchi with Tomato-Mushroom Cream
- Standing Rib Roast with Portobello Mushroom Sauce
- Risotto with Lemon and Basil
- Sautéed Spinach with Dried Tomatoes and Orange
- Fennel with Tomatoes and Raisins
- Endive, Roasted Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
- Romano Cheese Rolls
- Mascarpone Cheesecake with Balsamic Marinated Strawberries
- Polenta Cake with Lemon and Raspberries
This page created December 1999