By Nancy Caivano
Red Onion and Orange Salad
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp basil, julienne
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp parsley, chopped
24 asparagus spears, tough ends
snapped off, cut into 2" pieces
1 large fennel bulb
3 red onions, thinly sliced
Whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, basil, olive oil, vinegar and parsley until well blended. Chill until cold.
Steam asparagus about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse under cold running water until cool. Drain.
Remove greens and stem from fennel. Thinly slice bulbs.
Cut peel and white pith from oranges. Using a small sharp knife cut between membranes to release segments.
In a large bowl, toss asparagus, fennel, oranges, and red onion. Toss with about 1/2 cup dressing, or more to taste. Pass with remaining dressing.
Pasta Risotto and You
- Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Dried Tomatoes, Prosciutto and Mozzarella
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Herb, Garlic and Mustard Crust
- Balsamic and Garlic Marinated Tuna
- Marinated Black Pepper Sirloins with Roasted Pepper-Basil Butter
- Risotto-Zucchini Cakes
- Grilled Potatoes and Asparagus
- Orzo with Grilled Tomatoes and Fennel
- Grilled Mixed Pepper Pasta Salad
- Asparagus, Fennel, Red Onion and Orange Salad
- Green Bean and Pepper Salad with Grilled Tomato Dressing
- Spinach Salad with Grilled Red Onion and Spicy Sesame Vinaigrette
- Frozen Lime Torte with Mixed Nut Crust and Summer Fruit Compote
- Peach Crumb Cake with Cinnamon Glaze, and Dried Sour Cherry
and Pecan Frozen Custard
- Cinnamon-Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches
with Almond Flavored Whipped Cream
This page created July 1999