By Nancy Caivano
Grilled Mixed Pepper Pasta Salad
1 lb pasta (I like orrechiette, or farfalle with this salad, but any shape will work)
3 green bell peppers, halved, ribs removed, seeded
3 red bell peppers, halved, ribs removed, seeded
2 yellow bell peppers, halved, ribs removed, seeded
1 orange bell pepper, halved, ribs removed, seeded
2 sweet onions (such as Vidalia, Walla Walla), peeled and cut into 1" thick rings
Olive oil for brushing
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb mozzarella, diced
1 /2 cup Romano cheese, grated (or Parmesan)
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente (see note). Rinse under cold running water to stop cooking. Mix with a very slight amount of olive oil (or use cooking spray) to keep from sticking. Refrigerate until needed.
Brush peppers and onion with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Spray grill rack well with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill peppers and onion until softened and well browned.
Cut peppers into julienne. Cut onions in half. Combine with pasta in a large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk balsamic vinegar, parsley and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, pour in oil in a thin stream. When all oil is incorporated, pour over pasta and peppers. Combine well. Add mozzarella and Romano. Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
Pasta Risotto and You
- Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Dried Tomatoes, Prosciutto and Mozzarella
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Herb, Garlic and Mustard Crust
- Balsamic and Garlic Marinated Tuna
- Marinated Black Pepper Sirloins with Roasted Pepper-Basil Butter
- Risotto-Zucchini Cakes
- Grilled Potatoes and Asparagus
- Orzo with Grilled Tomatoes and Fennel
- Grilled Mixed Pepper Pasta Salad
- Asparagus, Fennel, Red Onion and Orange Salad
- Green Bean and Pepper Salad with Grilled Tomato Dressing
- Spinach Salad with Grilled Red Onion and Spicy Sesame Vinaigrette
- Frozen Lime Torte with Mixed Nut Crust and Summer Fruit Compote
- Peach Crumb Cake with Cinnamon Glaze, and Dried Sour Cherry
and Pecan Frozen Custard
- Cinnamon-Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches
with Almond Flavored Whipped Cream
This page created July 1999