By Nancy Caivano
Grilled Lamb Chops
with Herb, Garlic and Mustard Crust
10 cloves garlic, chopped
(or 2 tbsp jar chopped garlic)
4 sprigs rosemary, very finely chopped
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
3 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
1-1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup olive oil
4 frenched racks of lamb (see note)
Salt and Pepper
Combine garlic, rosemary, parsley, thyme and bread crumbs; mix well. Add in mustard, and mix well. Add olive oil 1/4 cup at a time, until crumb mixture is well moistened. Set aside.
Season racks on all sides with salt and pepper. Wrap aluminum foil around exposed bones to prevent burning. Coat the outside of the racks with crumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Place racks on grill and cook, turning occasionally 30 minutes, to 1 hour, depending on cooking preference. (I prefer serving the lamb rare).
Remove racks from grill and place on a cutting board. Let rest 5 minutes. Cut between bones to form chops. Serve 4 chops per person. Serve immediately.
Go to your butcher and ask him to prepare 4 frenched racks of lamb using the loin. "Frenched" refers to cutting the meat and fat away from the bones, leaving the bones exposed. Ask him to trim most of the fat from the meat. You can usually have this done in a supermarket at no extra cost.
This crumb mixture would also be wonderful with pork.
Pasta Risotto and You
- Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Dried Tomatoes, Prosciutto and Mozzarella
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Herb, Garlic and Mustard Crust
- Balsamic and Garlic Marinated Tuna
- Marinated Black Pepper Sirloins with Roasted Pepper-Basil Butter
- Risotto-Zucchini Cakes
- Grilled Potatoes and Asparagus
- Orzo with Grilled Tomatoes and Fennel
- Grilled Mixed Pepper Pasta Salad
- Asparagus, Fennel, Red Onion and Orange Salad
- Green Bean and Pepper Salad with Grilled Tomato Dressing
- Spinach Salad with Grilled Red Onion and Spicy Sesame Vinaigrette
- Frozen Lime Torte with Mixed Nut Crust and Summer Fruit Compote
- Peach Crumb Cake with Cinnamon Glaze, and Dried Sour Cherry
and Pecan Frozen Custard
- Cinnamon-Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches
with Almond Flavored Whipped Cream
All About Grilling with Recipes
This page created July 1999