By Nancy Caivano
Pasta with Artichoke Hearts,
Chicken and Mustard Cream
1 lb pasta (I prefer Rigatoni with
this dish, but any pasta will work)
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper
5 tbsp olive oil, divided
All purpose flour
1 onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
(or 1 tbsp jar chopped garlic)
2 lb artichokes, outer leaves, stem
and choke removed, hearts sliced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups heavy cream
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 tbsp basil, julienne
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente; drain.
Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Sauté until well browned and cooked through. When cool enough to handle, cut into slices and set aside.
In the same skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add onion, and garlic and Sauté until garlic begins to brown. Add artichoke hearts and sauté 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and chicken stock, and cook until liquid evaporates.
In a medium saucepan, heat heavy cream and mustard over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and simmer until sauce is desired consistency. Add sauce to skillet, add chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
Return drained pasta to pot. Add contents of skillet and combine. Add grated cheese, toss to combine and serve immediately.
Pasta Risotto and You
- Homemade Tortellini Gratin with Tomatoes, Cream and Peas
- Orange Scented Risotto with Chicken and Roasted Peppers
- Pasta with Artichoke Hearts, Chicken and Mustard Cream
- Pasta with Asparagus, Green Beans and Walnuts
- Risotto with Braised Artichokes
- Risotto with Chicken and Vegetables
- Risotto with Shrimp, Asparagus and Peas
- Swiss Chard Ravioli with Spicy Tomato Sauce
This page created April 1999