Kitchen Remodel Series
Before: The porch room with its many windows (and disintegrating ceiling panels), as seen from the old dining room. Note the solid wood door at left.
After: A gentle arch now frames the entrance from the new kitchen into the porch room. The solid wood door has been replaced with a glass mullion door to let in even more light and offer views of the east garden. From the kitchen counter, the cook now has outdoor views in three directions.
The porch room at night. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are often enjoyed here, with views of the garden at day and distant valley lights at night.
FoodWine's Kitchen Remodel Series
(with Survival Recipes)
- 1/27/01 Introduction, PLUS: Remodelers' Survival Recipes, Phase 1
- 2/03/01 Part 1: Recipe for a Remodel
- 2/10/01 Part 2: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Remodeling 101
- 2/17/01 Part 3: Major Appliances: The Ultimate Power Tools
- 2/24/01 Part 4: Experts from Heaven—and from Hell
- 3/03/01 Part 5: Demolition to Drywall + Survival Recipes, Phase 2
- 3/10/01 Part 6: Cabinets Arrive: The Fun Begins!
- 3/17/01 Part 7: Countertops: It's a Material World+Survival Recipes, Phase 3
- 3/24/01 Part 8: From Floor to Finish
- 3/31/01 Part 9: The Kitchen is Served: The Cook's Final Tips
Copyright © 2001, Kate Heyhoe. All rights reserved.
This page created March 2001