Kitchen Remodel Series
Before, with previous owner: This view from the porch room looks into what will be the peninsula area of the new kitchen. The glass partition at top and surrounding wall will be knocked out and replaced with an arch. Note the wooden door in rear is now the door to Kate Heyhoe's office and cookbook collection.
During: Opposite view from photo 5F. This is the arch in construction phases, looking from new kitchen into porch room.
Note the glass mullion door, which replaced a solid door to add more light.
Click here to return to:
Part 5: From Demolition to Drywall
FoodWine's Kitchen Remodel Series
(with Survival Recipes)
- 1/27/01 Introduction, PLUS: Remodelers' Survival Recipes, Phase 1
- 2/03/01 Part 1: Recipe for a Remodel
- 2/10/01 Part 2: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Remodeling 101
- 2/17/01 Part 3: Major Appliances: The Ultimate Power Tools
- 2/24/01 Part 4: Experts from Heaven—and from Hell
- 3/03/01 Part 5: Demolition to Drywall + Survival Recipes, Phase 2
- 3/10/01 Part 6: Cabinets Arrive: The Fun Begins!
- 3/17/01 Part 7: Countertops: It's a Material World+Survival Recipes, Phase 3
- 3/24/01 Part 8: From Floor to Finish
- 3/31/01 Part 9: The Kitchen is Served: The Cook's Final Tips
Copyright © 2001, Kate Heyhoe. All rights reserved.
This page created March 2001