- 2 oz Half & Half, colored gray with 1 drop black paste food coloring
- 1/2 oz Half & Half, colored brown with 3 drops
- Brown paste food coloring
- 1 oz plain white Royal Icing
- Plain vegetable shortening, for greasing
1. Roll out the gray Half & Half very thinly on an acetate strip greased with shortening. Cut 6 rectangles, each measuring 1/2 by 1 inch. Cut diagonally across each rectangle to create 2 triangular knife blades.
2. Roll out the brown Half & Half very thinly on an acetate strip greased with shortening. Cut into a rectangle measuring 1/2 by 1 inch. Cut in half lengthwise, then make 5 evenly spaced vertical cuts to make knife handles.
3. Using the white Royal Icing in a pastry bag or parchment paper cone fitted with a fine plain piping tip, attach a knife handle to the corner of each knife blade. Pipe 2 dots on each handle to represent rivets. Let dry overnight. Store, uncovered, in a cool, dry place, but not in the refrigerator.
From the Grave to the Table with 16 Cupcake Corpses
- by Zilly Rosen
- Andrews McMeel Publishing 2011
- $14.99 ($16.99 Canada); Paperback; 80 pages
- ISBN: 1449401120
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4494-0112-2
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Buy Zombie Cupcakes
This page created October 2011