Rose's Heavenly Cakes
by Rose Levy Beranbaum
In her first ever full-color baking book, the self-proclaimed "Diva of Desserts" Rose Levy Beranbaum brings us Rose's Heavenly Cakes, an extraordinary collection of cake recipes, essential for anyone who loves to bake.
In her signature crystal-clear style, Rose takes you step-by-step through making every type of cake imaginable—more than 100 expertly tested (and re-tested!) recipes in all. Full-color photographs of each cake offer inspiration while step-by-step process photographs provide clear instruction. Extraordinarily delicious butter and oil cakes, sponge cakes, flourless cakes, and cheesecakes, such as Pure Pumpkin Cheesecake, Golden Lemon Almond Cake, and Orange-Glow Chiffon Layer Cake with Orange Marmalade Whipped Cream, are perfect for birthday celebrations, coffee breaks, and dinner parties. Rose also includes a range of charming baby cakes such as Mud Turtle Cupcakes and Coffee Chiffonlets with Dulce de Leche Whipped Cream, and blissful creations like the Deep Chocolate Passion Wedding Cake that will make any special occasion more divine.
With each and every recipe step thoroughly explained, baking with Rose's Heavenly Cakes is like having a master baker right beside you in the kitchen. The baking tips and trade secrets that she shares throughout the book will show you how to transform a simple cake batter into delicious art, with perfect results every time. Rose is a wealth of baking knowledge, answering questions like:
- How do you make billowing, satiny meringue that never breaks down?
- How do you make crunchy, buttery crumb topping that doesn't sink into the cake?
- How can you turn a chiffon into a layer cake with frostings and fillings?
- Can you really make a fruitcake that people want to eat?
- How can you keep cakes soft and moist when they won't be eaten for days?
- How do you make delicate, golden strands of spun sugar and shape them into nests?
- How do get fudgy pockets of chocolate in every bite and walnuts to suspend in a cake by baking brownie into cake batter?
- How did you turn lemon meringue pie into a cake?
About the Author
Rose Levy Beranbaum is the award-winning author of nine cookbooks, including The Cake Bible, the International Association of Culinary Professionals Cookbook of the Year for 1988. She also won a James Beard Foundation Award in 1998 for Rose's Christmas Cookies, and her most recent book, The Bread Bible, was an IACP and James Beard Foundation nominee and was listed as one of the Top Ten Books of 2003 by Publishers Weekly, and Food & Wine. She is a contributing editor to Food Arts magazine and writes regularly for the Washington Post, Fine Cooking, Readers Digest, and Brides.
- Rose's Heavenly Cakes
- by Rose Levy Beranbaum
- Wiley 2009
- Hardcover; 512 pages; $39.95
- ISBN: 0471781738
- ISBN 13: 978-0-471-78173-81
- Information provided by the publisher.
Rose's Heavenly Cakes
This page created February 2010