Bake Deliciously! Gluten and Dairy Free Cookbook by Jean Duane, includes recipes like Chinese Almond Cookies (Vegan); Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Angel Cake; Chocolate Attack with Chocolate Pudding and Whipped Cream; and "Devilish" Chocolate Layered Cake with Marshmallow Filling and Chocolate Avocado Icing.
Chinese Almond Cookies (Vegan)
These are the perfect finish to a Chinese-themed meal. Decorate with slivered almonds on top.
- 6 raw cashews or hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBS water
- 1/3 cup walnut or sunflower oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 TBS fresh lemon zest or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 TBS butter substitute
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 cup whole grain sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup gafava, soy or garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar (Reserve 1 TBS for sprinkling tops)
- Slivered or blanched almonds to decorate the tops
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1. Place wet ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix by hand with a flat whisk until incorporated. Do not over mix.
4. Roll out dough on an oiled baking surface and cut into rounds. Place on a Silpat or oiled baking sheet 1" apart. Sprinkle tops with organic cane sugar.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and place on a rack until cooled. Serve immediately or cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Servings 24; Calories 84; Fat 5g; Protein 1g; Carbohydrates 9g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 91mg; Fiber 0g
Bake Deliciously! Gluten and Dairy Free Cookbook
- by Jean Duane
- Alternative Cook 2009
- Paperback Original; $24.95
- ISBN: 0978710908
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Chinese Almond Cookies (Vegan)
- Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Angel Cake
- Chocolate Attack with Chocolate Pudding and Whipped Cream
- "Devilish" Chocolate Layered Cake
nbsp; nbsp; with Marshmallow Filling and Chocolate Avocado Icing
This page created March 2010