Desserts 4 Today: Flavorful Desserts with Just Four Ingredients by Abigail Johnson Dodge, includes recipes like Kiwi Lemon Mousse; Chewy Pine Nut-Almond Drops; and Maple-Glazed Figs with Hazelnut Mascarpone.
with Hazelnut Mascarpone
- Mascarpone, 2/3 cup
- Pure maple syrup (grade A dark amber), 5 tablespoons, divided
- Figs, large, ripe, 6, rinsed and dried
- Hazelnuts chopped, 1/4 cup, toasted
1. Put the mascarpone and 4 tablespoons of the maple syrup in a small bowl and stir until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to 4 days.
2. Arrange an oven rack about 5 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler on high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
3. Cut the figs in half lengthwise. Arrange, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Broil the figs, rotating the pan once, until bubbling and caramelized, about 3 minutes.
4. To serve, arrange the warm figs (3 per person) on small plates. Drizzle with any accumulated juices in the baking sheet. Serve the warm figs with the maple mascarpone and sprinkle with the hazelnuts.
In place of the maple syrup, switch in the following:
- Brown sugar, 6 tablespoons, firmly packed
(4 tablespoons for the Mascarpone + 2 tablespoons for the figs)
In place of the hazelnuts, switch in one of the following:
- Pistachios, chopped, 1/4 cup, toasted
- Walnuts, chopped, 1/4 cup, toasted
Desserts 4 Today:
Flavorful Desserts with Just Four Ingredients
- by Abigail Johnson Dodge
- The Taunton Press 2010
- $17.95; Paperback Original
- ISBN: 1600852947
- ISBN-13: 978-1600852947
- Reprinted by permission.
This page created November 2010