Hemp-Goji Acai Bowl
Makes 4 servings
Acai, a dark purple palm berry from the Amazon in Brazil, is nature's energy and beauty fruit. Its taste reminds me of dark berries or red wine and chocolate. With twice the amount of antioxidants as pomegranates, along with vitamins C and E and EFAs, acai combats aging and keeps cell membranes and skin supple. It contains more calcium than dairy milk.
- 3 packages (100 grams each) frozen acai smoothie packs
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup filtered water, as needed
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (optional)
- 4 tablespoons hemp nuts
- 4 tablespoons goji berries
Place the acai, banana, pecans, water, and agave syrup (if using) in the high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
To serve, scoop the acai mixture into 4 glasses or bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon hemp nuts and 1 tablespoon goji berries. Serve immediately.
Ani's Raw Food Desserts
- by Ani Phyo
- Lifelong Books, Da Capo Press, Perseus Books Group 2009
- $17.95; Paperback; 208 pages
- ISBN: 0738213063
- ISBN 978-0-7382-1306-4
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
This page created September 2009