Bake a winner with Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookies and Bars by the Pillsbury Editors, with recipes like Hawaiian Cookie Tarts, Praline Butter Nuggets, and White Chocolate-Key Lime Calypso Bars.
Praline Butter Nuggets
2 Dozen Cookies
Prep Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Start To Finish: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Fort Smith, AR
Bake-Off Contest 01, 1949
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 325°F. In 8-inch or 10-inch heavy skillet, melt granulated sugar over medium-low heat, without stirring, until golden brown. Stir in pecan halves until coated. Pour mixture onto sheet of foil. Cool 15 minutes or until hard. Finely chop pecan-sugar candy.
2. In small bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar and salt. In large bowl, beat butter, shortening and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in chopped pecan-sugar candy. (Dough will be crumbly.)
3. Shape dough into balls, using about 1 level measuring tablespoon dough for each; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until set but not browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; place on cooling racks to cool.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 1, stir granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons water in 8-inch or 10-inch heavy skillet until well mixed. With pastry brush dipped in water, brush any sugar down from sides of skillet. Heat over medium heat, without stirring, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
1 Cookie: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g; Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 45mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 7g); Protein 0g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2% Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookies and Bars
- by the Pillsbury Editors
- Wiley 2008
- Paperback; 160 pages, $17.95
- ISBN: 0470111380
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-11138-3
- Information provided by the publisher.
Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off
Cookies and Bars
This page created August 2008