Bake a winner with Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookies and Bars by the Pillsbury Editors, with recipes like Hawaiian Cookie Tarts, Praline Butter Nuggets, and White Chocolate-Key Lime Calypso Bars.
36 Cookie Tarts
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Start To Finish: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
Bake-Off Contest 34, 1990
*In place of the pineapple preserves, 1/2 cup apricot preserves mixed with 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple can be used.
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the cornstarch. With spoon, beat in butter and vanilla until soft dough forms.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 ball in each of 36 ungreased mini muffin cups; press in bottom and up side of each cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon pineapple preserves into each dough-lined cup.
3. In small bowl, beat granulated sugar and egg with fork until well blended. Stir in coconut until well coated with egg mixture. Spoon 1 teaspoon coconut mixture over preserves in each cup.
4. Bake 23 to 33 minutes or until cookie crusts are very light golden brown. Cool in pans on cooling racks 20 minutes.
5. To release cookies from cups, hold muffin pan upside down at an angle over cooling rack. With handle of table knife, firmly tap bottom of each cup until cookie releases. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
1 Cookie Tart: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 4.5g; Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg: Sodium 50mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 109); Protein 0g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2% Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1-1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
This page created August 2008
Copyright © 1994-2017,