Bake a winner with Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookies and Bars by the Pillsbury Editors, with recipes like Hawaiian Cookie Tarts, Praline Butter Nuggets, and White Chocolate-Key Lime Calypso Bars.
White Chocolate-Key Lime Calypso Bars
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Start To Finish: 3 Hours 5 Minutes
Bake-Off Contest 40, 2002
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury Create 'n Bake
refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1-1/2 cups white vanilla baking chips (90z)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice, fresh lime juice
or frozen (thawed) limeade concentrate
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in nuts and coconut until well blended. With floured fingers, press dough mixture evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of the vanilla baking chips over dough; press lightly into dough.
2. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks with spoon until well blended.
3. Remove crust from oven. Pour milk mixture evenly over crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until filling is set.
4. In small microwavable bowl, place remaining 1/2 cup vanilla baking chips and the oil. Microwave uncovered on High 45 seconds. Stir until smooth; if necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool at room temperature 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 2, bake crust 16 to 18 minutes.
1 Bar: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 109 (Saturated Fat 4.5g; Trans Fat 0.Sg); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 65mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 18g); Protein 3g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 2% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1-1/2
Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookies and Bars
- by the Pillsbury Editors
- Wiley 2008
- Paperback; 160 pages, $17.95
- ISBN: 0470111380
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-11138-3
- Information provided by the publisher.
Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off
Cookies and Bars
This page created August 2008