Yield: 4 portions
|Sugar||3 oz||85 g|
|Butter||2 oz||60 g|
|Orange-flavored liqueur||1 oz||30 mL|
|Cognac||2 oz||60 mL|
1. In a flambé pan, heat the sugar until it melts and begins to caramelize.
2. Cut several strips of rind from the orange and one from the lemon; add them to the pan.
3. Add the butter and squeeze the juice from the orange and lemon into the pan. Cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is a little syrupy.
4. Add the orange liqueur. One by one, dip the crêpes in the sauce to coat them, then fold them into quarters in the pan.
5. Add the cognac and allow it to heat for a few seconds.
Flame by carefully tipping the pan toward the burner flame until the cognac ignites.
6. Shake the pan gently and spoon the sauce over the crêpes until the flame dies down.
7. Serve 3 crêpes per portion. Spoon a little of the remaining sauce over each serving.
Also available for use in courses:
Professional Baking College Version, which comes with Laminated Mixing Method Cards and Recipe Software; 800 pages; $80.00.
Study Guide to Accompany Professional Baking, 224 pages; $32.50.
This page created May 2008
Copyright © 1994-2017,