Making miniature desserts at home is easy with Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse by Kaye Hansen and Liv Hansen, featuring recipes for Coffee Pecan Pound Cakes and I Scream, You Scream... (Ice Cream Cupcakes), plus supporting recipes for Mint Chocolate Chip Cream, Pound Cake, and Simple Glaze.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cream
Yield: 6 cups
I still feel a bit childish going into an ice cream shop asking for my usual:
"I'll have the mint on a sugar cone with"-spoken very quietly-"colored sprinkles." Now I can make my own version at home.
For best results we recommend preparing the Mint Chocolate Chip Cream right before serving or assembling your cakes.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip until stiff:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse
Cupcakes, Small Cakes, Muffins, and Other Mini Treats
- by Kaye Hansen and Liv Hansen
- Clarkson Potter, 2008
- Hardcover, 176 pages; $24.95
- ISBN: 0307382826
- ISBN-13: 978-0-307-38282-5
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
This page created May 2008