"Here's Looking at You, Kid"
Makes 1 drink
SAM: "This sort of takes the sting out of being occupied, doesn't it Mr. Richard?"
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 ounces (60 ml) blood-orange juice
(regular orange juice can be substituted)
2 teaspoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
4 ounces (120 ml) champagne or sparkling wine
Place sugar in chilled champagne flute. Add juices and stir to dissolve sugar. Top glass with champagne. Garnish with lime wedges.
The Casablanca Cookbook
by Sarah Key, Jennifer Newman Brazil, Vicky Wells
Abbeville Press Publishers
Recipe reprinted by permission.
Other Champagne Drinks
New Year's Eve Celebration
New Year's Eve Menu
- "We'll Always Have Paris" Preserved Lemon Martini
- Casablanca Cous Cous Salad
- "Vive Le France" Vegetable Kebabs
- Rabbit Thighs Conserved in Olive Oil
- Chocolate Policeman's Hat
This page created December 1998; modified November 2006