A Seasonal Guide to Healthy Eating
Commemorating 50 years of School Lunch
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend the eggs, corn, milk, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, mustard, garlic, hot pepper sauce, and salt for 1 minute until eggs are smooth.
2. Pour egg mixture into a lightly oiled 9" x 9" x 2" baking dish and cover with foil.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.
4. Wrap tortillas in plastic and microwave for 20 seconds until warm. Be careful when unwrapping the tortillas. The steam can be hot
5. Cut baked egg mixture into 4 equal pieces and roll 1 piece of cooked egg in each tortilla.
6. Serve each burrito topped with 2 Tbsp of salsa.
Nutrients per serving
Now in springtime you can start planting the garden. Plant a "theme garden," such as a salad or herb garden or a garden to supply pizza toppings. Include a small child's garden. For a preschooler, a two-foot plot is fine. The adult should prepare the soil-it's hard work for kids. Make rows small.
Many stores provide unit price labels to help customers make informed price decisions. Look for shelf labeling to help you compare the price of similar products.
Food, Family & Fun Main Page
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1995 and 1999.
Copyright © 1994-2008, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 1994-2021,