by Prof. Steve Holzinger
- 3 cups oil olive extra virgin
- 1 cup vinegar wine
- 1 each egg yolk—beaten in
- salt and pepper—to taste
- 2 tbl parsley—chopped
- 1 tbl chives—snipped
- 2 tsp chervril—dry chopped
- 1 tsp tarrgon—dry chopped
- 1 tbl egg whites hardboiled—chopped fine
- 2 tbl cornichon—finely diced
- 1 tbl capers
- 3 each shallots—finely chopped
Mix all ingredients in a bowl at room temperature, and whisk in the egg yolk to bind it. Season to taste. Keeps well refrigerated, whisk before using.
Many variations are possible.
Copyright © 1995 Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 1995, 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Modified August 2007