Recipe By: Fonds de Cuisine
Serving Size: 1
Preparation Time: 0:30
Categories: Eggnog, Punch, and Drinks
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 lb. sugar superfine—bar sugar
- 1 pint brandy
- 1 pint rum Meyers—Dark
- 1 pint brandy (Flavored like Apricot)—or vodka
- 1 qt light cream
- 1/2 gallon ice cream—vanilla
- whipped cream
Yield: about a gallon
1. Whip eggs and superfine bar sugar together until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add liquor. Whip well.
3. Add light cream. Whip again.
4. Break up ice cream small and add 1/2 ice cream and 1/2 whipped cream and stir in well.
5. Float remaining ice cream and whipped cream on top. Grate fresh nutmeg and cinnamon over top lightly. Serve with butter cookies.
- 1 qt cream heavy—to make 3 qt
- 4 oz sugar 10 X—sifted
- 1/2 fl oz vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gran Marnier
Chill bowl and beater. Whip 1 qt heavy cream till tracks show. Add 4 oz sifted l0x sugar. Add 1/2 oz Virginia Dare Vanilla Extract. Continue beating, add Gran Marnier slowly while beating if you are adding it. Whip to medium soft peaks. Makes the 3 qt's required.
Chocolate Version. (killer!) Use Double dark chocolate ice cream. Add 6 to 8 oz (about a cup) of Grand Marnier to the whipped cream with the vanilla slowly. Add a pint of Gran Marnier or Sabra Orange Chocolate liqueur instead of the vodka. Garnish with chocolate curls or grated dark chocolate.
Be sure to have a Merry Christmas by NOT driving after drinking. Select a designated driver.
© 1997, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Modified July 2007