Suggested Cheese Party Menus
Photo: Morbier—France; the flavor of nuts and fruit
An Eclectic Mix
An eclectic exploration that includes a unique "blue"-rinded American chevre, a venerable English classic, and a delectable French favorite.
- Westfield Farm Hubbardston Blue (U.S.; Massachusetts)
- Abbey Farm Cheshire (England)
- Saint-Nectaire (France)
Slices of ripe Comice pear and crisp, spicy macoun apple; toasted black walnuts and pecans; crusty, whole grain bread
- Oregon Pinot Noir
A Taste of Italy
Here is a taste of the Italian cheese-making tradition, from the south to the north.
- Mozzarella di bufala
- Aged Pecorino Toscano
Thick-cut slices of Italian sopressata; roasted sweet red peppers; as assorted olives; mostarda de Cremona; thick slices of Tuscan-style bread.
- Chianti riserva
An introduction to Spain's reigning cheeses.
The slices of chorizo; thin-sliced smoked or serrano ham; dried or fresh figs; toasted almonds; marinated olives with lemon zest and garlic; walnut bread.
- Spanish Rioja
A French Selection
A triumvirate of regional French classics.
- Crottin de Chavignol
- Fourme d'Ambert
- Pyrenees brebis, such as Etorki or Prince de Claverolle
Sweet peppers, radishes, and celery stalks; lightly steamed green beans; rustic farmhouse-style bread with unsalted butter.
- White Sancerre (chilled in Champagne bucket)
Real American Cheese
A flight of America's foremost artisanal cheeses.
- Maytag Blue (Iowa)
- Vella Dry Jack (California)
- Grafton Cheddar (Vermont)
Medjool dates; honeydew melon wedges; paper-thin slices of domestic or Italian prosciutto; chutney crusty sourdough bread.
Steven Jenkins' Cheese Primer
- The Fromage Formula: How to Buy Cheese for a Crowd
- The Art of Serving Cheese
- Suggested Cheese & Wine Menus
- Cheeseboard Accompaniments
- Leftover Cheese
- Tricks of the Trade: Caterers' Tips
More Wine & Cheese-Spread Party Recipes
This page created 1998 and modified September 2007.