Serving Size: 10
Preparation Time :0:45
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 lb sugar superfine—bar sugar
- 1 qt cream light
- 1 pint brandy
- 1 pint rum Meyers—Dark
- 1 pint brandy (Flavored like Apricot)—or vodka
- 1/2 gallon ice cream—vanilla
- 1 qt cream heavy—to make 3 qt
- 4 oz sugar 10 X—sifted
- 1/2 fluid ounce vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gran Marnier
Yield: about a gallon
- Whip eggs and superfine bar sugar together until sugar is
- Add liquor (try apricot or other flavored brandy instead of
vodka). Whip well.
- Add light cream. Whip again.
- Break up ice cream small and add 1/2 ice cream and 1/2 whipped
cream and stir in well
- Float remaining ice cream and whipped cream on top. Grate fresh
nutmeg and cinnamon over top lightly
- Serve with butter cookies.
Whipped Cream. Chill bowl and beater. Whip 1 qt
heavy cream till tracks show. Add 4 oz sifted lox sugar. Add 1/2 oz
Virginia Dare Vanilla. Continue beating, add Gran Marnier slowly
while beating if you are adding it. Whip to medium soft peaks.
Makes the 3 qt's required.
Chocolate Version. Use Double dark chocolate
ice cream. Add 6 to 8 oz (about a cup) of Grand Marnier to the
whipped cream with the vanilla slowly. Add a pint of Gran Marnier
or Sabra Orange Chocolate liqueur instead of the vodka. Garnish
with chocolate curls or grated dark chocolate.
Be sure to have a Merry Christmas by NOT driving after
Holiday Recipe Guide
- Sweet Potato Latkes
- Cheese Latkes Judith
- Schmaltz (Rendering Chicken or Goose Fat)
- Crepes (for the "en Aumoniere")
- Fresh Apple
- Roesti Potato Pancakes
- Vegetarian Potato Cutlets (Mom's End of the Month Recipe)
- Pommes Duchesse
- Baked Apples (Dad's Recipe Handed Down to Me)
©1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007