Makes 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
In a small saucepan, combine the ginger, sugar and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Strain through a medium sieve.
With a mixer, in a small bowl, mix the butter until light. Add the ginger purée and maple syrup, mixing well. This can be made 3 days in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
Nutrition details per serving
Percent of calories from fat—40%
Diabetic exchange: 1/2 bread, 3/4 fat.
Jimmy Schmidt's Turkey Recipes
- Roast Breast of Turkey with Apple Cider
- Roast Turkey with Maple Glaze, Pears & Bourbon
- Roast Turkey
- Top 10 Turkey Secrets
- About the Book: "Jimmy Schmidt's Cooking Class"
- About Chef Jimmy Schmidt
Jimmy Schmidt's Cooking Class:
Seasonal Recipes from A Chef's Kitchen
By Jimmy Schmidt
$19.95 / Paper
Ten Speed Press
Publication Date: May 20, 1996
Reprinted with permission
This page created 1996; modified November 2006