Your preference of hot or sweet paprika can be used in this recipe. Serve over any pasta (flat shape preferred) or rice.
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 cup Canned Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces noodles, cooked, warm
1. Sauté cabbage, onions, zucchini, carrots, and green peppers in oil in large skillet until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook over medium heat, covered, until cabbage and tomatoes are wilted.
2. Stir in flour and paprika; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in stock; heat to boiling. Boil, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over noodles.
% Calories from fat: 17
Fat (gm): 5.2
Saturated fat (gm): 0.7
Cholesterol (mg): 0
Sodium (mg): 119
Protein (gm): 9.6
Carbohydrate (gm): 47.5
1,001 Healthy Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes
by Sue Spitler
with Linda R. Yoakam, R.D., M.S.
Surrey Books, $19.95
852 pages; June 1, 1997
Recipes and photos reprinted by permission.
Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, by Deborah Madison
Vegetarian Planet, by Didi Emmons
1,001 Healthy Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes, by Sue Spitler
Real Vegetarian Thai, by Nancie McDermott
- Butternut Squash in Fresh Green Curry
- Eggplant and Red Sweet Peppers in Roasted Chili Paste
- Roasted Chili Paste
The Vegetarian Table Series: Thailand, by Jacki Passmore
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007