Rich Pie Dough for Pot Pie
- Recipe By: Fonds de Cuisine
- Serving Size: 1
- Preparation Time: 0:10
- Categories: Baking, Bread Quick
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 6 tbl butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbl water iced, or more if needed
1. Place the flour in a bowl and add the butter and salt. Hold a table knife in each hand and cut the butter in, moving hands in opposite directions, to cut the butter in to the size of peas.
2. Add the water, and mix till the dough comes together. If all the dough is not absorbed, add a bit more water. Cover and rest the dough for a while.
3. Flour a board, and roll the dough out 1/8th inch thick. Prick it with a fork to prevent blistering, and bake it on a cookie tin at 425 F for about 15 minutes till lightly browned.
Note: This recipe has a little more butter than usual as it is meant for pot pies.
- Preparing the Bird for the Pie
- Using "Encore" Roast Turkey or Beef in a Pot Pie
- "All Gone Pudding," Holiday Fruit Cake and Plum Pudding
© 1997, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Modified October 2007