Basic Baked Custard Dessert
- Recipe By: Fonds de Cuisine
- Serving Size: 1
- Preparation Time: 0:10
- Categories: Baking Eggs Stock & Basic Preparations
- 8 each eggs, large
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash cinnamon—optional
- 1 qt milk
1. Beat eggs, add sugar, salt vanilla and cinnamon if desired; beat until well mixed.
2. Add milk gradually, beating until uniform.
3. Bake at 325 F in buttered ramekins until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Petits Pots de Creme: Use heavy cream instead of milk, and substitute 20 yolks for the 8 eggs
Notes: Many variations are possible.
- Preparing the Bird for the Pie
- Using "Encore" Roast Turkey or Beef in a Pot Pie
- "All Gone Pudding," Holiday Fruit Cake and Plum Pudding
© 1997, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Modified October 2007