More Traditional Squashes
White Acorn—Mild in flavor and well suited to sweetness enhancers, like maple syrup or honey. Good for stuffing.
Delicata—While not one of the new hybrids, the delicata is a favorite because of its distinctive corn-like flavor.
Turban—Another old standby rather than a new hybrid, the odd-shaped turban squash makes it perfect as a vessel for serving squash soup in, and the flavor of the meat itself is rich, similar to pumpkin.
- Winter Squash Spoonbread
- Risotto with Pork, Butternut Squash and Sage
- Sweet and Sour Squash
- Seared Butternut Squash Ravioli with Cider Dipping Sauce
- Corn Chowder in Miniature Pumpkin Shells
- Penne with Winter Squash and Ricotta
- Pasta with Roasted and Sautéed Spaghetti Squash
- Pumpkins and Mixed Winter Squash Filled with Savory Purée
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007