Winning recipe below by Beth Deschene, Pelham, NH
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork chops, cut in 3/4" cubes
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups White Sauce (see below)
- 12 ounces (5 1/2 cups) bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Place broccoli and carrots in medium saucepan; add about one inch of water. Cook over medium-high heat until tender. Drain; set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork and garlic; cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink. Add green onions and sauté for 1 minute. Prepare White Sauce (see recipe below).
Combine pasta, pork mixture, vegetables and White Sauce in large casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Blend flour and milk; add to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and thickened. Stir in cheese.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 379
- Sodium: 308 mg
- Protein: 28 g
- Fat: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg
- Roast Pork with Raspberry Sauce
- Well-Dressed Pork
- Chinese Won Tons
- Hot Thai Stir Fry
- Mexicali Pork Soup
Copyright © 1997—the electronic Gourmet Guide, Inc. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007