Zucchini with Mushroom Stems
Side Dish For 2
- 2 or 3 small zucchini
- 1 portobello stem, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. dried herb (thyme, rosemary...)
1. Quarter the zucchini lengthwise, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Start cooking in a little oil over medium-high heat.
2. Chop the portobello stem or a few mushrooms and toss into the pan.
3. When the zucchini and mushrooms are cooked (tender, but cooked) stir in the garlic and herb of choice.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the vegetables and cook till the garlic softens and loses its raw bite. Serve.
- Your Port Authority (Portabello Mushrooms)
- What's the Difference in Mushroom Flavor?
- How to Select Mushrooms & More Mushroom Tips
- Mushroom Humor
- FAQ on Mushrooms
- Mushroom Spore Prints: A Simple Science Project
Both chef and musician, John Ryan wrote the Just Good Food blog from 1996 through 2001.
This page created 1997. Modified August 2007.