Serving Size: 1
Preparation Time: 0:10
- 1 each egg
- milk to make 2/3 cup
- 1 cup flour
- pinch paprika
- 1 ice cube
- Lightly beat the egg with chopsticks inside a cup measure.
- Pour milk on top of egg to make 2/3 cup (milk plus egg)
- Add 1 cup flour and stir well till smooth.
- Add 1 ice cube and stir in to make the batter crisper.
Dip foods to be fried in this batter. It should be thin and drippy. The paprika is to give the batter a warmer color liked by Westerners. May be omitted.
Notes: Good for shrimps, oysters, chicken and vegetables.
Steve's #17 Recipes:
- Grilled Tuna Steak with Three Mustards
- Salade Nicoise
- Vinaigrette Sauce
- Coconut Hoki
- Tempura Batter
- Sand Dabs Grenobloise
- Beefsteak Tomato and Onion Salad
- Smoked Red Snapper
©1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007