Tapenade, Olive and Anchovy Dip
- 1 3-1/2 oz can anchovies
- 1 clove garlic—peeled
- 1/2 lb olives black pitted
- 2/3 cup capers surfine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Drain the anchovies, and pound them with the garlic and olives, or purée them in a Cuisinart, until you have a smooth creamy paste.
Drizzle in the olive oil.
This can be served on rounds of toast as an hors d'oeuvre or as a dip for cruidites, and is often used as an ingredient in other recipes.
Steve's Olive Oil Recipes
- Olive Oil Marinade for Kebabs
- Beef Kabob with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken Kebab with Pineapple, Corn and Red Peppers
- Shrimp Kebab with Green Onion and Sweet Potatoes
- Aioli Sauce
- Tapenade Sauce
- Sauce Vinaigrette
- Warm Dill Mayonnaise
- Cold Poached Salmon with Warm Dill Mayonnaise or Aioli Sauce
* These recipes are courtesy of the International Olive Oil Council.
© 1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
This page modified February 2007