Cold Poached Salmon with
Warm Dill Mayonnaise or Aioli Sauce
- 1-1/2 qt Court Bouillon—simmering
- 4 8-oz salmon steaks
- 1 cup Warm Dill Mayonnaise or 1 cup Aioli Sauce
- 4 cups Salad Greens Mesclun or Spring Mix
- 4 bunches cherry tomatoes on the sprig
Poach salmon in simmering court bouillon, and cool. The texture of the fish should be a shiny opaque flake.
Remove skin, and brush lightly with Extra Virgin Olive oil to glaze it, and place it on a bed of salad greens
Garnish with cherry tomatoes on the sprig.
A half portion may be served as an appetizer.
Steve's Olive Oil Recipes
- Olive Oil Marinade for Kebabs
- Beef Kabob with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken Kebab with Pineapple, Corn and Red Peppers
- Shrimp Kebab with Green Onion and Sweet Potatoes
- Aioli Sauce
- Tapenade Sauce
- Sauce Vinaigrette
- Warm Dill Mayonnaise
- Cold Poached Salmon with Warm Dill Mayonnaise or Aioli Sauce
* These recipes are courtesy of the International Olive Oil Council.
© 1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
This page modified February 2007