- 4 cloves garlic—crushed
- 2 each egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 each lemon—juice only
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Crush the garlic extremely well, add the egg yolk and salt. Add olive oil, very slowly, in a thin stream, while beating. As the emulsion forms, oil can be added faster.
Add the lemon juice and reseason. This works well in a small cuisinart or blender, but it gets lost in a large one.
Notes: Excellent with cold fish
Steve's Olive Oil Recipes
- Olive Oil Marinade for Kebabs
- Beef Kabob with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken Kebab with Pineapple, Corn and Red Peppers
- Shrimp Kebab with Green Onion and Sweet Potatoes
- Aioli Sauce
- Tapenade Sauce
- Sauce Vinaigrette
- Warm Dill Mayonnaise
- Cold Poached Salmon with Warm Dill Mayonnaise or Aioli Sauce
* These recipes are courtesy of the International Olive Oil Council.
© 1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
This page modified February 2007