Makes 6 servings
- 1 small eggplant (about 12 ounces), pared and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow squash (about 8 ounces), cut into 1/4" diagonal slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4" diagonal slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray nonstick baking sheet and a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine eggplant and 1 teaspoon of the oil; toss to coat. On prepared baking sheet, arrange eggplant slices in a single layer. Repeat procedure with squash, then zucchini, tossing each with 1 teaspoon of the oil and arranging each separately in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes; turn vegetables and bake 8 minutes longer. Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
3. In large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil; add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté over medium heat, 5 minutes, until onion is soft. Cook, covered, shaking pan occasionally, 5 minutes longer.
4. In small bowl, combine tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water; set aside. In separate small bowl, combine parsley, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
5. In prepared casserole, arrange half of the baked eggplant slices; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture. Continue layering with half each of the sliced tomato, baked squash, onion mixture and baked zucchini, sprinkling 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture between each layer. Repeat procedure, ending with zucchini.
6. Pour tomato paste mixture over layered vegetables. Bake, covered with foil, 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer.
1/2 Fat, 3 Vegetables, 5 Optional Calories
80 Calories, 2 g Protein, 4 g Fat, 12 g Carbohydrate, 184 mg Sodium, 0 mg Cholesterol, 3 g Dietary Fiber
The Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook & Program Basics
Weight Watchers Light and Tasty Deluxe CD-ROM
Copyright © 1997 The Learning Company, Inc.
Recipes copyright © Weight Watchers International, Inc., owner of the registered trademark.
All Rights Reserved.
Recipes & photos reprinted by permission.
Weight Watchers CD
- Chevre, Tomato and Basil Crostini
- Ratatouille Casserole
- Salsa Sorbet (and Mexican Mary variation)
- Spinach Pie
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Modified August 2007