Clams on the Halfshell
- Recipe By: Fonds de Cuisine
- Serving Size: 1
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Categories: Appetizer, Shellfish
- 1 dozen Clams Cherrystone or Little Neck
- 2 fluid ounces cocktail sauce—see recipe
- 1/2 each lemon in quarters
- 1/4 bunch parsley
Open the clams: see the photo series.
Garnish a soup plate with an ice filled well with 2 clamshells filled with one ounce of cocktail sauce each, and two quarter lemons (use parsley to underlie the sauce and lemons, and lay out a dozen nicely opened clams on each. When opening the clams, catch the liquor in a bowl, and serve it in a tall thin glass with enough tomato juice to make it pink and a dash of Tabasco.
eGGsalad No. 24
- Baked Stuffed Clams
- Clam Bisque
- Cocktail Sauce
- Clams on the Halfshell
- Manhattan Clam Chowder
- New England Clam Chowder—Thick!
- White Clam Sauce for Linguini
© 1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Modified July 2007