Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, 4th Edition by Weight Watchers includes recipes like Provençal-Style Stuffed Tomatoes; Chicken and Broccoli Rabe with Polenta; and Caramelized Onion, Fig, and Stilton Pizza.
Chicken and Broccoli Rabe
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (5-ounce) skinless boneless chicken
breasts, each cut crosswise in half
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup instant polenta
or yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring pot of water to boil. Add broccoli rabe; cook until tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
2. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, pepper flakes, broccoli rabe, and chicken. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring water to boil. Slowly whisk in polenta. Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in half of Parmesan. Divide polenta evenly among 4 shallow bowls; spread evenly. Spoon chicken mixture evenly on top; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Per Serving (1/4 of Chicken Mixture and Polenta): 272 grams, 288 Cal, 6 g Total Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 43 mg Chol, 239 mg Sod, 36 g Total Carb, 4 g Total Sugar, 4 g Fib, 24 g Prot, 138 mg Calc.
PointsPlus value: 7
Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, 4th Edition
- by Weight Watchers
- Wiley 2010
- 416 pages; Hardcover Binder; $29.95 US
- ISBN-10: 047061451X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-61451-8
- Reprinted by permission.
- Provençal-Style Stuffed Tomatoes
- Chicken and Broccoli Rabe with Polenta
- Caramelized Onion, Fig, and Stilton Pizza
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created March 2011